DMO & Publication Membership
NATJA understands the importance and value in destinations and media interacting with one another.
For almost 25 years, NATJA has distinguished itself as one of the premiere professional associations that is redefining professional development for the travel industry. More than just an association, NATJA prides itself in being a welcoming community of travel journalists and destination marketing organizations that aims to enrich careers and lives by working together and helping each other achieve educational and professional goals.
Your membership in NATJA provides a unique opportunity for CVBs/DMOS to have direct access to travel media through our semi-monthly newsletter, as well at our annual conference where destination representatives can mix and mingle in-depth with travel media.
For DMOs, NATJA offers the following benefits:
- Access to the NATJA members-only website, which includes a profile page for your destination, connecting you directly with members, including media, editors, other destinations, and more!
- Searchable online member directory to find the media candidates for your next press trip
- A forum for promoting upcoming events and other destination news in our semi-monthly newsletter, NATJA Notes, distributed to all NATJA members, PLUS an additional 1,200 media on our mailing list
- Distribution of press releases through the NATJA website, including targeting journalists in a particular geographical location
- Member discount to the 2016 NATJA Conference & Marketplace in Oxnard, California, where you can mix and mingle with travel media from across the United States and Canada throughout the conference
- Promotion of FAM trips, news and upcoming events for your destination
- One complimentary full page ad per membership year in TravelWorld International magazine, written and photographed by NATJA members
- One complimentary entry in the annual NATJA Awards Competition (a $150US value), which recognizes the best of the best in travel journalism and destination marketing
- Complimentary access to NATJA’s webinars
- Opportunity to be featured on the NATJA website as a Featured Member of the Month
- Access to the members-only Facebook Group
Requirements for Membership
- Eligible organizations include convention & visitors bureaus, destination marketing organizations, tourism boards, PR agencies, tour operators and/or any organization involved in travel or with travel media
- Primary membership is awarded to the organization/company
- Each organization can list up to three (3) individuals as contacts for the organization
- New DMO members must pay the $500USD annual dues to initiate their membership. To remain in good standing, DMO members must pay $500USD annual dues by their anniversary date
- All members must agree to and uphold the NATJA Code of Ethics
Not sure if NATJA DMO membership is right for your organization? Sign up for our newsletter, NATJA Notes, to take a sneak peek at what goes on in NATJA.